Sunday, September 20, 2009

September Sunsets and Harvest Moon


Our weather has been awesome.  I don't remember an Autumn that has been so pleasant.  We still have warm days; however the nights are cool.  I enjoy walking around the yard at night and early morning.  This is truly the time of the Harvest.  I am eating tomatoes for every meal.  I just made an awesome baked tomato soup (thanks to Steph).  Kim and Doni and their two youngest sons came down on Thursday to begin Christmas projects.  Aren't they the greatest planners to be completing Christmas projects in September?  Jax is having a birthday!!






He wants a Darth Vadar birthday theme, so Grandma Gail eagerly volunteered to help him make a Darth pinata.  What fun.  Attached are some pictures of the pinata in progress.  He is absolutely the cutest child!  He was so excited about helping and assured me that he was very neat and very clean.  He was absolutely right.  The only "accident" occurred when the Grandmother tipped over the water glass. We had a party at Grandma's house and made some little craft items and decorated Vadar cupcakes.  See the fantastic results.




Dax is a delight.  He is such a calm baby.  He seldom fusses and only requires an occasional smile or pat.  These last two little boys are the greatest.  Is it because previous practice with older siblings has perfected child rearing skills or are they innately special children?  They are certainly special grandchildren and this Grandma enjoys every moment with them.   Mom Doni volunteered to be a parent volunteer for Jordynn's Junior High State Fair expedition.  The only person that managed to get lost was the teacher!  Grandma spent a wonderful day with Dax. He will be 1 years old next week.  These babies grow too fast.It was so fun watching Jordynn get Dax to perform his "tricks".  Reminds me of Ben and Toasty.
Life continues to be busy.  Friday was the Achievement Days Primary Daughter/Daddy night.  Angie Moore and I prepared a Dutch oven dinner with the help of our girls.  We had roast beef.  Angie introduced me to "better than Bullion" which is a paste.  Definitely better flavored and makes yummy gravy.  We had three types of dessert, mashed potatoes and corn bread.  We prepared food for 35 people.  Sweet Angie came back to my house and we spent the next two hours cleaning up.  She is the super dutch oven lady.  She cleaned the six ovens while I clean up inside.  She commented that it was great to have two worker bees together.  Today, Sunday, I continued to teach NewFamilySearch.  Our temple district is still not functioning; however, our Family History Committee will be prepared when the program is launched.
Tomorrow is our Empty Nesters Family Home evening.  It is at my house and I am presenting the lesson.  I am also preparing a Souper Supper.  More about that next week.

VERTIGO VANQUISHED

1 comment:

  1. You are truly the greatest grandma and mother-in-law anyone could hope for!!! So glad you are also ours.

    ReplyDelete